- 1 ½ cups water, divided
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 bunch fresh mint leaves, plus more for garnish
- 1 ¼ cups freshly squeezed lime juice (about 10 limes)
- 2 Tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice (about 1 lemon)
- 3 limes, sliced
- Watermelon wedges, for serving
- Ice, for serving
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine 1/3 cup water, sugar and mint leaves, whisking constantly until the sugar dissolves and mixture comes to a boil. Let bubble for 1 minute then turn off heat and let simple syrup cool completely.
- Remove mint leaves from simple syrup before using.
- Combine mint simple syrup, remaining water, lime juice and lemon juice.
- Add sliced limes and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Pour over ice and garnish with extra mint leaves and watermelon.