Margaritaville Foods Mailing List
- 1 Tbsp. cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and thinly sliced
- 2 tsp. ginger, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 limes, juiced
- 3 Tbsp. soy sauce
- Pinch sugar
- ½ tsp. salt plus more for seasoning tuna
- ¼ tsp. black pepper plus more for seasoning tuna
- ¼ cup plus 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2, 6oz. blocks sushi-quality tuna
- 1 ripe avocado, sliced
In a mixing bowl, combine cilantro, jalapeno, ginger, garlic, lime
juice, soy sauce, sugar, salt, pepper and ¼ cup of olive oil.
Stir together until well-mixed.
Place large skillet over medium-high heat and coat with remaining 2
tablespoons of olive oil.
Season tuna generously on all sides with salt and pepper.
Lay tuna in the hot oil and sear for 1 minute on each side to form a
Pour ½ the cilantro mixture into the pan to coat the fish.
- Serve tuna with sliced avocado and remaining