Toasted Coconut Coffee
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- ½ cup water
- 1 Margaritaville Coffee Single Serve Brew Cup, brewed (and chilled, if desired)
- Milk, almond milk, coconut milk, etc. for serving
- Whipped cream for serving
- In a small frying pan over medium heat, add the coconut and cook, stirring often, until coconut becomes fragrant and golden, about 2-3 minutes
- Transfer toasted coconut to a small saucepan and add sugar, honey and water. Bring to a simmer over medium high until the sugar melts.
- Remove pan from heat, cover and let sit for 20 minutes.
- Strain coconut simple syrup through a fine mesh sieve and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- If desired, pour coffee over ice.
- To serve, stir in 1-2 Tbsp. (to taste) toasted coconut simple syrup. Finish with milk of choice (we used Toasted Coconut Almond Milk) and whipped cream.